A Guide to Search Results for "California DMV"
The search term "california dmv" is an unequivocal reference to the State of California's Department of Motor Vehicles, which is the state agency responsible for the licensing of drivers and vehicles in California, for the enforcement of administrative regulations related to those responsibilities, and for conducting hearings related to suspension of driving privileges arising from those administrative regulations, particularly hearings arising from arrests for drunk driving. Notwithstanding the unequivocal nature of the search query California DMV, there is a great deal of noise found in search results for this query because certain Web sites have a great deal of relevance to the keyword California but make only passing references to the keyword DMV. The search results compiled below have eliminated this noise in favor of Web sites that (presumably) are more relevant to the query California DMV.
Are you looking for official information about the "California DMV"?
- California Department of Motor Vehicles
Official Home Page.
- California State Transportation Agency
Official Web site of the agency for the Executive Branch of California that oversees the California DMV.
- California Department of Boating and Waterways
Official Web site of the state agency with responsibilities for boating and waterways that were carved out of the California DMV's original jurisdiction.
- DMV.org - Unofficial California DMV Guide
An unofficial guide to services provided by the California Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Applying for a New California License
An unofficial guide to applying for a California Driver License.
- Applying for a New California License
Are you looking for information about "California DMV" hearings?
- California DUI - California DMV License Suspensions
An overview of the California DMV license suspension process.
- California DUI - California DMV Administrative Hearings
An overview of the California DMV administrative process.
- DUI Central - California DMV Hearing Process
An overview of the DMV hearing and license suspension process.
- Family Caregiver Alliance - Dementia, Driving, and California State Law
A fact sheet covering legal issues arising from drivers with Alzheimer's disease and related disorders.
- Orange County Weekly - Road Rage without a Gun
Rich Kane, Vol. 8, No. 37, May 16-22, 2003
With some colorful storytelling and no proof, you and the DMV could ruin someone's life.
- American Medical Association - Physician's Guide to Assessing and Counseling older Drivers (pdf)
Developed by the American Medical Association in cooperation with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
Are you looking for information about technology being used by the "California DMV"?
- The SCO Group, Inc. - California DMV
New System Implemented by Computer Deductions, Inc. and Polaroid will Track, Catalog and Manage All Drivers' Licenses Issued by the California DMV.
- DMV proposes a major policy shift to biometric systems
DMV proposal to add biometric technology to phots and thumbprints.
- DISC Success Stories - California DMV
Solving the need for speed, DISC libraries retrieve historical data for the California's Department of Motor Vehicles from a large archived photo database.
- Privacy Groups Worried Over California DMV Proposal for Face-Detection Technology
By, Michael Barkoviak, February 5, 2009
Are you looking for information about licenses for illegal aliens provided by the "California DMV"?
[Note: The term "undocumented workers," as opposed to "illegal aliens," is typically favored by those with viewpoints sympathetic to immigrants, but the most prominent Web sites relevant to the search term California DMV have an unabashedly anti-immigrant sentiment to them. Even so, the search results featured below are quite authoritative in that most of them reference other Web sites with opposing viewpoints, if only to criticize them.]
- California DMV Employees Arrested for Selling Fake IDs, Licenses, & Car Titles to Illegal Aliens
By Vicki McClure Davidson on May 7, 2010
- Mexican Treachery - Driver's Licenses for Foreign Criminals in California
Repealed SB60, allowing illegal aliens to obtain driver's licenses in California, is reincarnated as SB1160.
- Drivers Licenses for illegal aliens
The open borders lobby routinely lobbies state legislatures to issue drivers licenses to illegal aliens as one of the keys to erasing the distinction between legal citizens and illegal aliens.
- Tighter license rules hit illegal immigrants
By Daniel C. Vock, August 24, 2007
Are you looking for information about problems people are encountering with discrepancies between the "California DMV" database and the Social Security Administration's database?
- Monkeys vs. Robots - Gotta Love the DMV
One pop culture writer's experience with the California DMV renewal procedure post-SSA database confirmation.
Are you looking for information about electronic access to the "California DMV" database by insurance companies?
- Californians Can Get Access To Vehicle Histories
Press Release, Feb 18, 2010
Are you looking for information about court cases involving the "California DMV"?
Are you looking for information about the "California DMV" and selective service registration?
- Committee Opposed to Militarism and the Draft - Attempt to Link Draft Registration with Driver's License Defeated in California - July 2007
Another attempt is being made to boost draft registration compliance in California by enlisting the aid of the Department of Motor Vehicles.